Persnickety Crochet Blanket Pattern
persnickety (per-SNIK-i-tee) adjective, informal.
1. overparticular; fussy. 2. snobbish or having the aloof attitude of a snob. 3. requiring painstaking care.
The Persnickety Crochet Blanket pattern came about from a desire to document the total time and costs involved in publishing a crochet pattern. You can read about that on the blog if you’re interested. Spoiler alert, it took 213 hours and 35 minutes to
time of the writing that blog post.
Why is it called Persnickety? Well, when I first designed it, I thought to myself, “Wow that’s a very “fussy, prissy” square”. I went to an online thesaurus and typed in “prissy” and the synonym “Persnickety” jumped out at me as the right name.
Persnickety has some interesting techniques, but you have all the assistance you could wish for in this pattern. You’ll find lots of help for the persnickety bits with close-up photos, round by round photos, charts and even links to video. You can do this!
As soon as your payment goes through, you will received the a link to download the full pattern.
The full pattern has;
- charts and written patterns for 2 sized squares, joining instructions and the border in both UK & US terms
- video for all rounds of the pattern, including mirrored videos for left handed folks
- a full glossary of all stitches and techniques
- extensive, very detailed help with close up and round by round photos
- My layout option with help how to plan your own layout
- A single colour and what I've called the Eva colourway pink options with yardage for each
8 ply 57"/1.2 metres square
As a guide, you'll need approximately 4,400 metres of 8 ply cotton that is 2.43 metres/2.66 yards per gram to make the single colour version.
When you’ll receive the pattern…
This is a digital PDF pattern. You will receive an email with a link to download the PDF as soon as checkout is complete. Please check your spam or junk folder for the email from "Spincushions Downloads" if you don't see it.